- YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER
SMSGT recognizes that you should be the ultimate decision-maker on matters that involve your personal or sensitive personal information, as defined under Republic Act No. 10173, or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, including its implementing rules and regulations, and issuances of the National Privacy Commission in relation thereto (“DPA”), and further described below (“Personal Information”).
You have the right to be informed of the Personal Information that we collect, process, use, and share. We can provide you with such Personal Information, provided that such Personal Information does not amount to information deemed confidential or proprietary by SMSGT, or that your request for Personal Information is not unlawful, vexatious or unreasonable.
You have the right to object or withhold your consent to the collection, processing, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. However, we may be constrained to terminate your ability to use the website or other SMSGT service as your Personal Information may be required for such use or delivery of service. Without your Personal Information, we will be unable to provide you with updates; similarly, you will be unable to participate in our events, promotions, or other activities.
You have the right to suspend, withdraw, or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your Personal Information in our processing systems upon discovery and substantial proof that your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected, and for such other cases provided in the DPA.
You have the right to seek indemnity for damages sustained, if any, due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Should you feel that there has been mishandling or misuse of your Personal Information, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you may email us at our details provided below.
- COLLECTION OF USER DATA
The User Data that we collect, process, use, and share are either Personal Information or Non-Personal Information:
- Personal Information is any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly ascertained, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual, such as name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone/mobile number, email address, proof of identification, etc.
- Non-Personal Information is any information that does not identify you individually, and includes statistical or analytical data, geographical images and information, and anonymized or aggregated reports.
- USE OF CUSTOMER DATA
- We may share User Data within SMSGT or with partners, and third-party service providers as part of business operations and provision of products and services.
- User Data is used to, among others:
- Provide you with the relevant services and offerings in the website, including user support. This includes assessment of the site information provided to determine if these are suitable for our partner-clients;
- Help us improve the quality of our services;
- Create new products and services;
- Enhance your user experience and determine tailored content to meet your preferences and needs;
- Communicate relevant services and/or advisories/announcements to you;
- Abide by any safety, security, public service or legal requirements and processes;
- Process information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes. The use of your information for statistical, analytical, and research purposes enables us to create anonymized and aggregated insight reports that we use to further improve your user experience and to provide new products and services;
- Create a user portrait based on your demographic, and your behavioral, transaction, and interaction data across all products, systems, devices, and/or interaction channels, which we may use as a basis for sending you commercial and promotional alerts, personalized advertisements, financial service offers, and surveys. To be clear, should we need to share data with third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, we only share anonymized and aggregated data, and not your Personal Information; and
- Comply with the requirements of the law and legal process, such as a court order; to comply with a legal obligation; or to prevent imminent harm to public security, safety, or order, collectively referred to as “Data Use Purpose.”
We outsource or contract the processing of User Data to third parties, such as but not limited to, vendors, service providers, partners, or telecommunications operators, to fulfill any of the above purposes. They are only authorized to use User Data for such contracted purposes. They may have access to User Data for a limited time under reasonable contractual and technical safeguards to limit their use of such User Data. We require them to protect relevant User Data, in a manner at least consistent with applicable privacy laws.
During roaming or when availing of services offered by foreign service providers through our network, the storage, treatment, and transfer of your Personal Information may be subject to regulations different from Philippine regulations.
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We respect your privacy. We take paramount care in protecting your Personal Information. As such, we secure and protect your Personal Information with proper safeguards to ensure confidentiality and privacy; prevent loss, theft, or use for unauthorized purposes; and comply with the requirements of the law.
We regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our system and unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold.
We only permit your Personal Information to be collected, processed, used, and shared by our authorized employees, contractors, and subcontractors who hold such Personal Information under strict confidentiality and in accordance with their contractual obligations and who have implemented minimum security features against data leakage, unauthorized access, or disclosure. We restrict access to information to SMSGT employees, contractors, and subcontractors who need to know such information in order to process it for us, who are subject to strict contractual and technical safeguards, and who are accountable to us if they fail to meet these obligations.
We keep our records as accurate as possible. If your Personal Information is wrong, we give you ways to update it. Once you have submitted your User Data, you may correct your Personal Information submitted by contacting us at our details provided below.
We keep your Personal Information in our business records, as may be applicable, as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or while it is needed by us for business, tax, or legal purposes. When disposing of your Personal Information, we take reasonable measures to ensure that it is done properly and is not accessible to the public.
We are not responsible for information, content, application, product, or service that we do not provide. However, we will not tolerate the use of our network that violates the law, which shall include but not be limited to:
- Photo or video voyeurism, including the publication or broadcast or transmission through our network of any sexual act or any similar activity without the consent of the person involved and under circumstances in which the person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, is prohibited and unlawful with corresponding penalties under the law;
- Child pornography is also prohibited and punishable by law and our network shall not be used in any manner for the storage, transmission, or dissemination of materials containing child pornography. We will report any instances of such activity that we become aware of, to the proper authorities as required by law.
We shall cooperate with law enforcement agencies to curtail criminality and prevent criminals from wreaking havoc over the internet, which shall include the blocking of certain sites or prevention of access to certain individuals, all in accordance with the stipulations of the law and with respect to legal due process.
- CONTACT US
For any questions or concerns on your Personal Information or privacy rights, you may contact us through our Data Protection Officer as follows:
Contact No.: +632-8636-7499
Penthouse East Tower, Tektite Towers,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center
Pasig City 1605, Metro Manila